I work part-time as a freelance writer for Beatweek Magazine. As Beatweek Magazine’s Senior Editor, I write mostly reviews about iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad apps, iPad accessories, as well as coverage of events and interviews with people in the social media industry. In addition to writing, I also assist the Web Admin (Jason Tucker) and Editor In-Chief (Bill Palmer) with up-keeping the website.
Here are some examples of my work at Beatweek Magazine:
- Interview with Felicia Day, star of The Guild and Dr. Horrible
- Top iPad Cases: Beatweek 75 (75th Issue Special Awards)
- iPad Case Review: Speck Fitted
- iPad Case Review: M-Edge Leisure Jacket
- iPad Bag Review: Urban Tool PocketBar
- Apple iPad FAQs
- How to Add a Camera to your iPad
- iPad Hands-On Review
- Top Bargain iPad and iPhone Apps (for week of May 31st, 2010)
- iPhone and iPad App Review: Glee
- iPad and iPhone App Review: Words with Friends
- App Review: Qik Live for iPhone
- iPhone App Review: Hello Kitty Parachute Paradise
Timeline: November 2008 – Present
You can read more of my reviews and writings at Beatweek Magazine here.
Beatweek is the publication for music, podcasting, iPhone, iPod, iPod, and social media lovers. Publishing as a website since January 2004, Beatweek evolved into a magazine in 2007. Since that time Beatweek Magazine (formerly iProng) has released more than seventy issues whose cover story interviews have ranged from famous musicians (Lady GaGa, Ozzy Osbourne, Katy Perry, Al Green, Weezer, Carlos Santana) to actors (Heroes star Greg Grunberg, Felicia Day) to podcasters (Goodnight Burbank, Doctor Floyd) to famous athletes (Olympic gold medalist Natalie Coughlin).
Visit Beatweek.com for more information about this publication.