Web developer with extensive experience creating digital content, web programming, and developing web applications. Seeking a position to showcase my skills in web development, digital photography, social media, and digital media.
- Front and Back-end Web Development
- PHP (10+ Years Experience) with OOP
- MySQL & Relational Database Design
- Mobile Web Application Development
- Website Development, Maintenance, Backups, and Administration Process
- SFTP, SSH, SSL, HTTP, SMTP
- Familiar with Innovative Millennium ILS
- Digital Content Creation
- Search Engine Optimization
- Cross-Browser Compatibility
- WordPress (Administration, Themes, & more)
- MacOS, MS Windows, Linux Environments
- Adobe Photoshop, Graphic Design, & Digital Photography
- IDE Tools (Dreamweaver, PHPed, Coda, Netbeans, PHPStorm, etc.)
- Apache Web Servers
- UX, Web Accessibility, and Usability Testing
- Manage and Customize ContentDM
- Social Media Marketing
- Excellent Customer Service
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical & non-technical people.
UC Riverside Libraries, Riverside, CA
Programmer Analyst III
July 2000 – Present
Manage front-end and back-end web programming, digital content, and web design assignments for the UC Riverside Libraries. Create web applications, websites, blogs, web galleries, and serve as the primary graphic designer for the UC Riverside Libraries. Administer the Content Management System and develop new features to meet user needs. Explore the latest commercial and open source technologies for new and existing projects. Support, train, and create documentation for users and developers.
Key projects and responsibilities:
- Developed an in-house Content Management System using PHP and MySQL for UCR Libraries. (library.ucr.edu). Designed the front-end web interface for the system.
- Developed both front-end and back-end database programming for various web applications.
- IT Work Ticket System: Imported data from an Access database into MySQL and revamped the work ticket system into an online web application.
- Supply Ordering Database: web application that allows users to submit order requests for their dept.
- Workshops Management System: web application that allows students to register online and for librarians to manage the roster.
- Implemented features into the ILS web interface including PDA requests, text/email a call number, and QR codes.
- Provide web traffic reports using Google Analytics, AWStats, and other statistical reporting tools.
- Served as project lead in the completion of the Libraries’ mobile web application. This includes gathering business requirements, software development, testing, training, documentation, and deployment.
- Project lead in the completion of the Libraries’ News & Event Digital Signage project. Deployed a creative way of displaying news and events on Library lobby TVs.
- Developed a web application to display the status of all of Public Printers.
- Assisted in moving a digital library collection from Berkeley to UCR. This included re-writing web applications, moving and creating content to conform to UCR’s branding.
- Developed a Holiday Card Generation Software using PHP, MySQL, and GD graphics library. This helped cut down the time a committee had to spend creating personalized cards for staff.
- Chair of the Web Development Management Committee; responsible for delegating web content assignments to staff and librarians, arranging meetings, and follow-through on web-related tasks.
- Developed web applications using Central Authentication Service and APIs to authenticate users.
- Gathered and created content for the Libraries Staff Intranet including website architecture, taking digital photos for pages and events, generating photo galleries, creating scripts, using widgets, etc.
- Created various websites for internal and external audiences, including the UCR Libraries website, UCR Libraries Staff Intranet, UCR Diversity, the Eaton Journal, Southern CA Innovative Users Group Conference, and various IUG Local Arrangements using PHP, MySQL, CSS, and HTML.
- Trained staff on various IT topics including Microsoft Outlook, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Flash, Facebook Pages, Calendaring, WordPress, PHP, MySQL, various web applications, HTML/CSS, Digital Camera, iPhone, iPad, and more.
- Worked closely with developers on campus both as a developer and user.
- Responsible for social media marketing for the Libraries via Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Google Places, Foursquare, and more.
- Wrote documentation for both technical and non-technical users.
- Deliver presentations for group and individual training sessions and creating user-friendly training materials.
Education and Training
University of California, Riverside
Bachelor of Science, Major in Computer Science, June 2000
Additional Courses and Training:
- TSIA Customer Support Professional (CSP-I) Impact Learning Systems (ImpactLearning.com)
- Visual C# Application Development (UCR CS X443.31)
- Introduction to Flash: Animation for the Web (UCR ART X493.51)
- Introduction to Adobe Illustrator (UCR ART X490.52)
- Various courses on Lynda.com on HTML5, CSS, jQuery, RWD, PHP, MySQL, Photoshop, and web development technologies. See completed courses.
- Various O’Reilly Webcasts on web technologies.
- Various courses CreativeLive.com about Adobe Photoshop, iBooks Author, and Photography
- Attend various conferences including: Google I/O Developer Conference, WordCamp SF, WordCamp LA, WordCamp SD, MacWorld, New Media Expo, and CES
- Windows 8 and Office 2013 Training from MS Employees
- Regular Listener of various Podcasts including TWIT.tv, Tech News Today, iPad Today, The Social Hour, All About Android, This Week in Google, and GeekBeat.TV